6.11.2012

how being a mama is making me a better theatre artist (and vice versa)

installment one :: trying anything


i will do anything to make this child laugh.  or at least stop crying.  go ahead.  ask me for my rendition of my new song moo*baa*lalala.  it has gestures.  and vocal oddities.  and special facial expressions.

i used to think i would try anything when making theatre.  and it's true that i often experimented with movement and voices that would be embarrassing to non-theatre-making friends of mine, so i did have a head start.  but my theatre-trained mama-self puts my theatre-trained non-mama-self to shame in the trying-anything area.  to shame, i tell you.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds a lot like spreading sunshine :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh, spreading sunshine! it's been so long since i've officially done any of that. (officially being when you label it as such!)

      Delete